Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Martha and Hair Tips

Oh my goodness!!! I'm so excited. Martha Stewart released her new entertaining book today. It's called, "Martha's Entertaining: A Year of Celebrations." It's suppose to weigh near 6 lbs!!! That's a lot of amazing recipes, decorating, and entertaining tips. I can't wait to get my paws on it.


Ok, so this has nothing to do with my excitement regarding the book release. I just found an amazing stylist about a four weeks ago. However, the salon I visited prior to finding him totally messed up my hair. I told the girl to trim my hair and not to chop it. When she turned the chair around I was horrified. I couldn't believe what she had done to my hair. I literally cried for two days. My husband actually asked around at school and brought home the card of my current stylist. He too, was horrified what she had done. He had to to cut my hair shorter to correct the mistakes. Now my hair is in a weird stage and I don't really know how to style it. I've been trying to wear handbands and clips. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. Aww, it doesn't look bad at all!!! You are so lucky to have great hair so you can easily work shorter or longer lengths. It looks very pretty, but if you're a long hair girl like me then you probably don't like to see yourself with shorter hair. Actually I just had about 3-4 inches chopped off of my hair & am not crazy about it. And I am itching to highlight it again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hair too! We are always our worst critics. The exact same thing just happened to my roommate, Pogo. She came in and said "I told them collar bone length and they made me have a helmet head like Nancy Grace!" She and I got on Pinterest and found some pretty ways to style shorter hair. I will put some of them on my blog or something so you can see. I love the color of your lipstick BTW. I was looking for a wine colored lipstick today. And nail polish. I think it's so chic for fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your sweet comments regarding my hair.

    Petunia- Yes, I too am a long hair girl. I had my hair cut to my shoulders prior to leaving Houston. However, I didn't want my hair this short. Your hair always looks so cute. I love your style in clothing, etc.

    Gamecock Queen- You're too funny. I know exactly how your roommate feels. My hair looks like the Nancy Grace helmet, HA! The color of my lipstick is Plum Couture by Estee Lauder. I've had lots of compliments. Currently it's my favorite. I'll have to check out Pinterest for some good ideas. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the same experience ... not fun! However, I too think the cut and style looks nice on you {until it grows out :)}

    I'll have to keep my eyes open for the new release ~ let me know what you think.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate that happened to you. i am loving the look in your picture. you will have to let us know about Martha's new book

    ReplyDelete